Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pathetic

Yeah well, started off with good intentions but the letter thing proved more problematic than I anticipated. We only ever stopped at places right on the freeway (American English for motor way) and they never had anything resembling a place where you'd buy letters.

Finally, stopped in Winnie, TX and found an antiques shop that was shut. There was a bunch of stuff on tables outside and among the detritus - a bowl of wooden letters. It contained no vowels and plenty of Js, T's and H's. Fished around and found this R. Phew!














I guess I'll just have to keep looking as we make our way around LA, huh?

Got you a couple of other things to compensate. A lollipop with a scorpion in it (even though I'm trying to avoid too much candy and some nifty geological bits from a place we visited in Sonora, TX.














The ammonite is cool, I think, mainly because I've finally included
something that's older than me (by a good few million years, as it happens).

No comments:

Post a Comment